1 cause to come to know personally; "permit me to acquaint you with my son"; "introduce the new neighbors to the community" [syn: present, acquaint]
2 bring something new to an environment; "A new word processor was introduced" [syn: innovate]
4 bring in a new person or object into a familiar environment; "He brought in a new judge"; "The new secretary introduced a nasty rumor" [syn: bring in]
5 bring in or establish in a new place or environment; "introduce a rule"; "introduce exotic fruits"
7 bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc. [syn: bring out]
8 as of legislation into a legislative body
9 furnish with a preface or introduction; "She always precedes her lectures with a joke"; "He prefaced his lecture with a critical remark about the institution" [syn: precede, preface, premise]
10 be a precursor of; "The fall of the Berlin Wall ushered in the post-Cold War period" [syn: inaugurate, usher in]
- To make known by formal announcement or recommendation; to cause to be acquainted.
- To bring into practice.
to and make known by formal announcement or recommendation
- Czech: představit
- Dutch: voorstellen
- Finnish: esitellä
- French: présenter
- German: vorstellen
- Greek: συστήνω (systíno)
- Spanish: presentar
To bring into practice
- third-person singular indicative present of introdurre
- to introduce
Introduction (abbreviated intro) can refer to:
- Introduction (music), an opening section of a piece of music.
- Introduction (essay), beginning section which states the purpose and goals of the following writing.
- Foreword, beginning secton of a book, commonly written by someone other than the author of the book.
- A short demo (computer programming) with only few screens, often small, due to competition rules.
- Introduction (Marty Friedman album), a music album by Marty Friedman.
- Introduction (Alex Parks album), a music album by Alex Parks.
- The Introduction, a prequel film of the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Intro (band), a US R&B group
Introduction and Intro are the titles of various songs:*"Introduction", the main theme from Tubular Bells as titled on Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells 2003 album
- "Introduction 2003", a remixed version of "Introduction" was released as a single by Mike Oldfield
- "Introduction", a song by Quasi from their 2001 album The Sword of God
- "Introduction", a song by Hood from their 2005 album Outside Closer
- "Introduction, the first track on Panic! at the Disco's album A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
- "Introduction", a song by Gracious! from their 1970 album Gracious!
- "Introduction", a song by Chicago from their 1969 album Chicago Transit Authority
- "Intro", a song by Refused from their 1994 album "This Just Might Be the Truth"
- "The Intro", a song by LL Cool J from his 1995 album Mr. Smith
- "Intro", a song by De La Soul from their 2000 album AOI: Bionix
- "Intro", a five second track by The Offspring from their 2000 album Conspiracy of One
- "Intro", a song by N*E*R*D from their 2001 album In Search of...
- "Intro", a song by LL Cool J from his 2002 album 10
- "Intro", a song by Arto Tunçboyacıyan and Serj Tankian from their 2003 collaborative album "Serart"
- "Intro", a song by Alan Braxe from his 2005 album The Upper Cuts
- "Intro", a song by Bullet For My Valentine from their 2005 album The Poison
- "Intro", a short track by rapper Ludacris from his album The Red Light District
- "Intro", a song by Gorillaz on the 2005 album, "Demon Days"
- "Intro", a song by Lupe Fiasco on his 2006 album, "Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor"
- "Intro", a song by Korn from their 2007 Untitled Korn album
- "Intro", a song by Jay-Z on his 2007 album, "American Gangster"
introduce in German: Einleitung
introduce in French: Introduction
introduce in Norwegian Nynorsk: introduksjon
introduce in Swedish: Intro
acquaint, add, admit, advance, announce, begin, blaze the trail, break the trail, bring before, bring forward, bring in, bring out, bring up, broach, christen, coin, commend to attention, discover, do the honors, drag in, ease in, edge in, establish, fill in, float, foist in, forerun, found, fudge in, give a knockdown, give an introduction, go before, guide, herald, implant in, import, inaugurate, induct, infuse, initiate, inject, inject in, inlay, inlet, innovate, inoculate, insert, insert in, inset, insinuate, insinuate in, install, instill, institute, intercalate, interjaculate, interject, interpolate, interpose, intervene, introduce in, introduce new blood, intromit, intrude, invent, launch, lay before, lead, lift up, lug in, make a motion, make acquainted, make innovations, make known, mention, moot, move, neologize, offer, offer a resolution, open up, organize, originate, perfuse, pioneer, pop in, pose, postulate, pre-educate, preamble, precede, preface, prefer, prefix, prelude, premise, present, prologize, propose, proposition, propound, put between, put forth, put forward, put in, put it to, quaint, raise, recommend, revolutionize, ring in, run in, sandwich, set agoing, set before, set forth, set in, set on foot, set up, slip in, smuggle in, squeeze in, start, start going, start up, stick in, submit, suggest, throw in, thrust in, tuck in, turn on, unveil, usher, usher in, ventilate, wedge in, whip in, work in, worm in